- Indent the snippet when it is inserted. Since this is a new feature and I can’t test it for all possible programming languages indenting may not always works as indented, so you can disable it in the Options.
- Make the plugin more keyboard friendly (issue #31).
It adds two menu items to the
Pluginsmenu to set the focus to the lists of libraries and the lists snippets. In
Shortcut Mapper...you can assign your own keyboard shortcuts to these actions. Apart from these menu items the plugin is generally more keyboard friendly.
- Add more images to the page How to use.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.33.0
- Provide a 64-bit version of the plug-in.
- Added the possibility to export a library for easier sharing.
- The color of the plug-in match the current Notepad++ theme.
- Converted the documentation from DocBook to reStructuredText. The documentation is now hosted at Read The Docs.
- Fixed bug #6 at Google Code and its GitHub duplicate issue #8. When a snippet had an empty first line it could not be saved.
- Removed all references to Google Code because that service has retired. All things that were still on Google Code have been moved to GitHub.
- Internally use my SqliteDB-class to communicate with the database.
- Added option
ToolbarIconto hide the icon from the toolbar.
- Update icon on toolbar. It is now a puzzle piece.
- Fixed issue that sometimes new libraries and/or new snippets could not be added.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.19.0
- Fixed problem with inserting UTF snippets (issue #3).
- Fixed wrong title of Import Library dialog.
- Fixed some potential bugs found when trying to fix GCC compilation.
- Converted the documentation from ODT to DocBook. Because of that an on-line version of the documentation is available as well.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 22.214.171.124
- There was an inconsistency between the documentation and code about
the name of the option to specify your custom path for the database.
DBFilefrom now on. For backwards compatibility the
DBPathentry will still be recognized.
- When a snippets creates a new document and the current document is empty, it reuses the current one and does not start a new.
Duplicatesnippet function to context menu.
- New (simple) templates library.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 126.96.36.199
Version 1.1.0 (13 December 2011)¶
- You can now add a new snippet to a library based upon the current selection or based upon the content of the clipboard. Right-click the snippets list to use these items.
- Installation has been improved. A template database is provided and when the plug-in tries to find an existing database and it can’t find it, it copies this template database to the AppData plugin-config directory.
- The About dialog now shows the change-log.
- When you upgrade the very first time the change-log for the current version will be shown.
- When you didn’t select a specific library for a certain language, the automatic selection of the library is improved. The first language specific library is preferred over the first general library.
- Resized the edit snippet dialog.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.7.9
- Moved the download to Google code. This gives me statistics about downloads and an issue tracker. The project’s web page stays where it is.
Version 1.0.0 (6 September 2011)¶
- The selection or cursor position are now restored after inserting a snippet.
Version 0.7.1 (28 August 2011)¶
- Fixed a bug in the dialog to edit the languages for a certain library. This bug could cause a problem that libraries turn invisible, since all the records in LibraryLang table for that library were deleted and no new records were added.
Version 0.7.0 (1 August 2011)¶
- A user interface for editing the language selection for libraries has been added. You need at least Notepad++ version 5.93 for this feature.
- You can import a library from another NppSnippet database.
- Added an option DBPath to the ini-file to override the default location of the database. Made this mainly for my own testing, but maybe it is useful for others as well (corporate database). You need to manually edit the ini-file to use this.
- Added an icon to the tab of the docking interface.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 188.8.131.52
Version 0.6.0 (15 June 2011)¶
- It is now possible to add, edit or delete the snippets and the libraries from within Notepad++. It is not yet possible to edit the languages for a library.
- Added a new ANSI-characters library for all languages.
- Deleted the useless General library.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 184.108.40.206
Version 0.5.0 (21 December 2010)¶
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.7.4
- The focus is returned to the Scintilla window at start-up and after inserting a snippet.
- The plug-in remembers if it is shown.
- Added another special language to the table LibraryLang:
Lang = -2. Libraries with this language will always be shown for all languages.
- The languages last used is now stored in a separate table. The database schema version is 3. With this the libraries with special languages (negative language ID’s) can be remembered as last used as well.
- Error message when the database can not be opened.
Version 0.4.0 (8 April 2010)¶
- The database schema is updated and is now at version 2. The most important difference is that the “language” and “last used” field of the library are now in a separate table, allowing it to be one-to-many. Existing databases will be converted automatically to the new schema.
- When there are multiple libraries for a language, changing to another library works and the last used library is remembered.
- The plug-in now first tries to find the database in the user’s
plug-in config directory. On my Windows XP machine that is
C:\\Documents and Settings\\Frank\\Application Data\\Notepad++\\plugins\\config. If the database can’t be found there it looks in the
plugin\\configdirectory in the Notepad++ installation directory, in my case
- Small improvements to the About dialog.
- There are now 4 HTML libraries, 1 PHP libraries, 1 XML library and 1 (rather useless) General library.
Version 0.3.0 (10 February 2010)¶
- First alpha version, released under the GPL2 license.
- The basics work, no User Interface yet to edit the snippets.
Version 0.1.0 (22 January 2010)¶
- Internal proof of concept.